Programs offered at each campus may vary, so be sure to check other campus offerings for the course you are most interested in.
Skilled Trades, Auto, Fire Programs
- Class 1, 3 & 4 Driver Training
VTS offers a variety of customized training programs to accommodate different levels of skills and the flexibility of private one-on-one hourly training or group instruction.
2.5 WEEKS Commercial Driver Training Course
(Class 1 OR 3)
Classroom Training Includes:
- 40 hours classroom
- 25 hours hands on in truck training & Road Test
- 25 hours observation in truck based on minimum 2 students
CLASS 1 & 3 HOURLY TRUCK TRAINING
- Orientation: Equipment Familiarization, Pre-Trip Inspection
- Air Brake Adjustment
- Hours of Service (Log Books)
- Defensive Driving
- Air Brakes System
- TDG (Transportation of Dangerous Goods)
- Tires, Wheels, Suspension & Chains
- Load Securement
- National Safety Code
- Trouble Shooting/Servicing
- Pre-trip inspection, coupling, uncoupling, backing, rural, urban and highway driving will be covered in preparation for the motor vehicle road test.
- Responsible for making arrangements with the motor vehicle for road test (road test costs $56.60).
* We do not guarantee you a license and if extra training is needed, you can purchase extra hours at a cost per hour
CLASS 1 & 3 DRIVER/OPERATOR EVALUATIONS for
*Experienced & New Drivers* (4 Hours)
- Pre-trip inspection, coupling, uncoupling, backing, rural, urban and highway driving will be evaluated.
- A written report will be completed for your records.
- This provides a documented assessment of the driver/operators’ present ability and whether future training is required.
- This can be a valuable “Risk Management” tool in our liability driven society.
- Evaluations can provide an independent assessment of an individual’s ability for new hires or in house job competitions.
- Evaluations are also provided to companies seeking a skills assessment of an employee as part of a post-accident investigation to verify whether the individuals’ ability is at an acceptable level or identify that further training may be required.
- Forklift Operator Training
Our Forklift Course includes both theory and practical Pre-Operation Inspection and Safe Operating Techniques. It can be customized to suit individual company needs.
We also offer Evaluations of existing operators.
- Air Brakes
We offer a 1 day Air Brake & Written Preparation Course to assist individuals in their written & practical tests at Service New Brunswick.
- Train The Trainer And/or Coach Training
- The Knowledge Training is the key component necessary to develop knowledge. Training will furnish the trainer with the three most important aspects of equipment operation that they must convey to operators/drivers – WHAT to do – HOW to do it and WHY it must be done.
- The theory and workings of each piece of equipment and teaches trainers the instructional techniques involved in how to best communicate these concepts in a classroom and/or field environment.
- Transportation Of Dangerous Goods (tdg)
Ideal for individuals and employers that wish to obtain or renew their Transportations of Dangerous Goods by certifications. TDG training is required by many industries including transportation, shipping, receiving and oil & gas.
Versatile Training Solutions is focused on providing a variety of training, evaluation, other safety courses and driver / operator training. Training is specific to the fire / emergency service providers, municipal works departments, utility companies, construction and transportation industries as well as individuals seeking training at our location or theirs.
We provide clients with the benefit of training their employees on their equipment at their location. This allows the participants to become familiar with the equipment they will be using as well as reducing costs.
Training may consist of theory or classroom and/or practical “hands on” sessions. This encompasses driver/operators of fire apparatus (driving and pumping), snow plows and other types of trucks and heavy equipment.
Another service offered is driver/operator evaluations. This provides a documented assessment of the driver/operators’ present ability and whether future training is required. This can be a valuable “Risk Management” tool in our liability driven society.
We offer related training programs such as the Traffic Control Person/Signaler, Work Area Traffic Control Manual (WATCM), Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG), WHMIS, Log Book, Pre-trip Inspection training, Air Brake, PDIC (Professional Driver Improvement Course)/Defensive Driving, Canadian Hours of Service (Log Book), Fire Extinguisher, Traffic Control Person, Lockout, Trenching Awareness, Fall Protection and other Safety and Construction.