This PSW Bridging Program has 350 hours of training in total. There will be 195 hours of theoretical training, 100 hours of practicum training and 55 hours of community placement.
The theoretical component of the Bridging Program is broken into 12 modules. Students must attain a minimum of 70% and pass all the performance demonstrations. The practicum training included 155 hours.
Students will need to do 100 hours in clinical placement, which they will be supervised and 55 hours in the community for volunteer work. Osilla can arrange the clinical and community placements for our students.
To qualify for the PSW Bridging Program is for students that are:
- Health Care Aides - Canadian Graduate
Home Support Workers - Canadian Graduate
- Personal Support Worker - Canadian Graduate
- Nurse or Registered Nurse – Domestic or Foreign Trained with Degree in Nursing
- Practical Nurse: Registered Practical Nurse (RPN)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) – Domestic or Foreign Trained