The Personal Support Worker program was developed as part of the Ontario Government’s initiative to reform community support programs and services. It is a single training program that consolidates and replaces the previous Health Care Aide, and Home Support Worker Levels II and III training programs. Personal Support Workers provide services to people in hospitals, long-term care facilities, group homes, and to Clients who are house bound in the community.
At Edge Academy, the Personal Support Worker program provides high quality training and a solid educational base for workers who provide long-term care and support services in both institutional and community settings.
Our Personal Support Worker Program offers you a wealth of knowledge and experience so that you are able to meet the demands of an ever changing clientele and community. Further expansion of the PSW certificate can lead to other health care positions such as the Registered Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse diplomas.
14 Modules covered in this Program:
- PSW Foundations
- Safety and Mobility
- Body Systems
- Assisting with Personal Hygiene
- Abuse and Neglect
- Household Management, Nutrition, and Hydration
- Care Planning / Restorative Care / Electronic Documentation / Working in the Community
- Assisting the Family / Growth and Development
- Assisting the Dying Person
- Assisting with Medications
- Cognitive / Mental Health Issues and Brain Injuries
- Health Conditions
- Clinical Placement (Community)
- Clinical Placement (Facility)
Our PSW Program includes:
- Flexibility to work around your schedule.
- 700 hour enhanced program to prepare you to work as a PSW in all venues.
- The ability to complete the program either Full Time or Part Time.
- One on one caring instruction to guide our students in the development of a compassionate approach and demonstrate sensitivity and respect for those in their care.
- Knowledge of the body systems so the student is better able to anticipate the physical needs of their clients.
- 12 hour, 7 day-a-week support for your learning.
- Quality instructors who bring years of experience and knowledge to the classroom.
- School arranged and supported Placements.
- School assisted Resume Preparation and Employment Search