The Atlantic College of Applied Health Sciences (ACAHS) recognizes the need for and value of post-secondary education and training. ACAHS is committed to providing a quality education that is focused on providing the learner and employer with a program that meets their short and long term goals. The ACAHS’s primary vision is to provide graduates who are educated, skilled and accountable to delivering quality healthcare support. Creating a digital campus that is accessible, responsive and provides quality learning is the key aim of our college. In doing so, our graduates will be prepared to contribute to the health and well-being of communities in a variety of settings. We look forward to the opportunity of meeting the needs of our students and communities while also responding to changes and needs identified along the way.
Top 12 reasons to study with the Atlantic College of Applied Health Sciences (ACAHS):
- Self paced program
- Our curriculum contains and exceeds the core competencies from all provinces (except Quebec) thereby allowing graduates the potential for employment in provinces outside of New Brunswick
- Distance based education. Study from the comfort of your own home on your schedule.
- Clinical placements can be in your community.
- Our PSW certification prepares you to work in all PSW fields (i.e. Home Care, Long Term Care, Clinics, Hospitals, etc.).
- ACAHS is registered under the Private Occupational Training Act (POTA) so your tuition is protected.
- Flexible start dates.
- Curriculum exceeds theory and practicum thresholds.
- Text, work books, learning resources are provided electronically so they are always at your fingertips.
- Lab experiences are offered in person or via vSim. You decide which works best for you.
- Instructors are available via chat, Big Blue Button or Skype to assist you with your learning needs.
- Our staff have over 30 years of nursing experience in Canada and abroad as well as 10 years of teaching experience in the registered nursing field.